Wednesday 2 January 2008

New York Views



I spent the weekend in New York a while back with my mom's younger brother, his wife, and their absolutely adorable 9 month old daughter. My uncle met me at the trains station and we spent the afternoon walking from one end of New York to the other....literally! I saw Ground Zero for the first time which was extremely saddening. I've obviously seen video footage of the site and I can remember 9/11 as if it were yesterday but to actually see the empty ground where the Trade Towers should have been was just insane. When Will (my uncle, he's only 11 years older than me and I've never actually called him "uncle" despite the fact that he is) and I were ready to head home we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge which is where both of these pictures come from. Anna C., I thought of you later when I was looking at this picture because of the lines the cables make in the first picture:-)



iTunes: Espacio Sideral by Jesse y Joy

2 comments:

Anna said...

Love those lines girl! We miss you!

Christy said...

Ditto to Anna's comment -- I love the lines!