Wednesday 31 December 2008

Thoughts...

What to say? I've already deleted what I had written twice... I can't seem to organize my thoughts enough to get an actual post together. I guess all I can say at this moment is that this little girl captured my heart when she picked me out of a crowd of people. I looked down and saw her hugging my leg because she was too small to reach my waist and for the rest of the day she stuck to me like glue. When it was time for us to part ways I stood at one end of the street watching her make her way down the street looking back at me over her shoulder. I was already choked up as it was but when someone whispered to me "She doesn't want to leave you either" the tears began to fall. I don't have the capacity to write much more right now... I'm still trying to process everything that I experienced these last nine days and what it now means for me and my life.

 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The verse you have written is one marked in my own Bible... as well as "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."


Best wishes and a happy new year to you!

Anna said...

What you wrote was perfect. Love you!