Tuesday 22 April 2008

Project Green #2



Another Spain picture. This one is from Granada at the Alhambra Palace. The Alhambra was a Moorish fortress and was the last one to fall to the Catholic monarchs Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand. I saw the Alhambra the first time I visited Spain but it was in the winter time and there was no comparison to seeing it in the spring with the flowers blooming and the bright blue skies as a backdrop. Spain truly is an amazing country. I can't wait to go back again someday!

iTunes: Te Busqué by Juanes and Nelly Furtado

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, is this THE ALHAMBRA?!?! I've studied it! (Okay, art history nerd moment over...)

Thanks for commenting on my blog = ) You were the first!

Lacey Lichi said...

Very cool shot. I like the composition of the insta-frame. Lovely. My mother-in-law teaches spanish and is in LOVE with the Alhambra. Hopefully, someday I'll see it as well!

Anna said...

That also works for Marks Project Look Through...I love it Anna!

The Apron Queen said...

Enjoyed your Project Green. Come check out my green sand pails. I’m still trying to get the sand outta my shorts! :D

http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/04/tackling-sand-in-my-shorts.html

eGandalf said...

Very cool. I especially like that the windows aren't symmetrical or equally spaced in the frame.

CG said...

Wow, I've so wanted to visit here! This is a wonderfully evocative image!