Thursday 10 July 2008

Project Black Take #2




Thank you to everyone who commented on my picture from yesterday! I was so shocked to come home from work today to see that I had 20 comments I feel very flattered that you would all take the time to look at my blog and then comment on it. So thank you very, very, VERY much! I feel like the last picture deserves a little explanation as I was kind of rushing to post it so here goes- that was a shot from when I was in Chicago during the fall (see here). It was of my younger cousins who I absolutely adore. We were at the zoo for the afternoon and I think he was probably looking at the bears knowing him... 

Anyway, back to this post. This shot was from my room the last two summers. I loved the windows in the house I lived in. They were so old and had so much character unlike mine now which are just your basic, average windows that slide up and down. I miss those windows, I miss that room, I miss that house, but most of all I miss the people in that house and the others who were there frequently. This summer is VERY different from the two previous and I'm trying to be content but its hard. My heart isn't here and I wish I could be where it is but the problem is that it's broken up in pieces scattered around the world with so many different people in so many different places. It's okay though because my heart isn't broken in fact it has never been better because there is so much love that comes with each of the pieces that are all around the world that it's impossible for it to feel broken.

12 comments:

Raven said...

I can see why you love these windows. They are beautiful. Wonderful photo of them too. I like what you said about your heart. Sounds like it is as big as the world and sending and receiving love. World needs more of that, so I'm glad to hear it.

Robert said...

As always, I love the story behind the picture. Not only is it a great shot, but it's loaded with meaning. That makes it all the more memorable. And regarding your discontent, you seem to be doing well putting it all into perspective.

Carletta said...

Another great shot!

Melli said...

Well, I apologize that I DIDN'T get here yesterday - but here I am TODAY! (with one foot out the door!) That is a lovely window! I really like that shot!

Cris said...

Windows are beautiful... and you did such a terrific job with your last post that we all wanted to come back to see what you were up to!

Ivanhoe said...

I love this window shot! It reminds me so much of European castles. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Awesome windows! Terrific shot! Don't worry... you'll have lots of other folks pieces of heart to hold, too ;-)

Jeanne Damoff said...

Beautiful windows. Seems like the world looks lovelier through the right frame.

I love your thoughts about your heart. Thanks for sharing.

Robin said...

You are an incredibly talented photographer with one hell of an eye. I can't believe you're so young, you obviously have a very promising future ahead of you.

I'm sorry you're feeling down and disoriented right now. You can't go backwards or stay treading water, but the future has a way of falling into place when you least expect it.

photowannabe said...

Beautiful post for black and thats a heavy thoughtful piece you wrote about your feelings. I'm glad your heart is healthy.

Unknown said...

what beautiful windows!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

The windows are beautiful and I can see why you loved them so much.