Monday 27 October 2008

Bricks and Blues

The weather yesterday couldn't have possibly been anymore different from when I took this picture... It was what one of our coaches affectionately called tsunami weather. Meaning it was a torrential down pour with lovely winds whipping around us BUT we still played our soccer game. At least the temperature wasn't too freezing but either way sitting on the bench was even less fun than it usually is. Today was a beautiful day though! I had a nice walk with a friend and when standing on top of one of the many hills in Westminister we had a beautiful view of the autumn leaves in the area. We've got two soccer games left in the season. I've loved playing this season and being a part of the team has been so fun but I'm tired, my legs are hating me right now for being so tough on the them every single day, and I'm looking forward to a normal schedule with a bit more free time that isn't always jeopardized by the practice that might go over the alloted time frame, team meals, activities etc. We'll play indoor during the winter and the then spring ball but it won't be nearly as intense or the same time commitment that this fall has been.  My work load has picked up a bit more now. I've got research papers due in all of my classes (with the exception of astronomy, surprise surprise!) before Thanksgiving. I should be working on them all now but I'm trying to prioritize which ones need to be worked on before the others depending on when each is due... So with that I'm going to be getting back to my homework... Or rather watching the James Bond movie that's on TV. I'm very studious can't you tell?

2 comments:

Jeanne Damoff said...

I love the colors and composition of this shot!

Lacey Lichi said...

There she is stealing my comments again! I second that. College sports can be pretty brutal. The papers will get done-even sometimes while watching old movies. I was the queen of the last minute and I did pretty darn well in school. I'm excited for more pics in your downtime!