Sunday 24 August 2008

New...

School
Wow... There is so much to say so, where to begin? Well, I've now been living at McDaniel college for one week. It's been a very busy week. Monday started 2-a-day soccer workouts, Wednesday brought the rest of my freshman classmates as well as the start of orientation, Saturday the rest of the upper class-man moved in, and today (Sunday) was the last day of orientation... Thank GOODNESS, the bore-fest has finally ended! So, in addition to gaining new buddies, a new school, and new "life" I've also added a new camera to my collection of newness!!! Since Christy has upgraded to a DSLR I've now got her Sony DS-H2! I'm very excited!!! This shot I took tonight while out for a walk with a new buddy and my new camera. I knew I wanted a shot like this to be my first REAL post from college (the last didn't really count). SO I decided I  would make a list of some of the things that I learned this week, by the way, classes start tomorrow. Here goes-

1)  You can always be better than you thought you are/were.
2) Re-making friends isn't easy but it's a challenge everyone is facing, so be patient and you will meet people who need you as much as you need them.
3) Soccer- there is no such thing as walking. You either sprint, run, or jog. If coach wanted to see people walk he'd go to the mall and watch old people.
4) When living in a place you're more likely to keep it clean... I've never EVER compulsively cleaned my room EVERY day before this week...
5) Glar food isn't good....
6) Going to a place with athletic facilities is nice... Trainers a great people!
7) It is possible to smash 8 people in a tiny dormroom.
8) Chinese food makes great leftovers.
9) Text messages unite the world... or at least a college campus.
10) Hurt never goes away it just intensifies or lessens depending on the day.
11) It's okay to cry, it's okay to hurt, it's okay to open up to people who care.
12) IVCF is really cool.
13) Nice/Friendly people do exist in a church/youth group setting.
14) Change is good... 
15) Never think you know what to expect because then you get something else thrown at you which you never saw coming.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, new camera! Love the shot -- I don't think I have one like this. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them!

I like your list, too! I should make one like that at the end of this year...

Jeanne Damoff said...

Sounds like a busy, eventful first week! I take it you weren't enthralled with orientation activities, though. ("Bore-fest"! Ha. I love it.)

Nice shot. Enjoy your new camera and all your other newnesses.

Robert said...

Nice picture. Great list; very thought provoking. Only the best wishes for you as you start off on the exciting new time. Enjoy.

Lacey Lichi said...

You crack me up. I love the list- love the photo. Congrats on the new camera, use it well!

Stephen said...

Happy College, Anna!
It sounds like you're off to a very good start.
Love, G. and G.

(cleaning your room? Whoa!!)

Anna said...

Great shot....loving the tilt!!!!! I know you are crazy busy getting all settled but I am so glad you are going to be blogging!!! Thanks for the text earlier! I was laughing out loud!