Sunday 11 May 2008

Sunset... In reverse.



Waiting by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Feeling sorrow
for all the things you had to steal and borrow.
Bring back the days we had before tomorrow
relapse and then collapse into yourself once more.

Waiting for this life to change seems like it's taking me forever
and I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day
This life is going to change seems like it's taking me forever
And I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day

Void I can't fill.
The doctor tells me to relax and stand still
Prescribes me a new pill to quell my anger.
Wish I could make her pull herself up off the floor

Waiting for this life to change seems like it's taking me forever
and I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day
This life is going to change seems like it's taking me forever
And I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day
Again, into the day, again

Waiting for this life to change seems like it's taking me forever
and I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day
This life is going to change seems like it's taking me forever
And I can't hold on. This light is breaking into the day

Take time to contemplate who you are and where you want to go.
[x2]


I love the chorus to this song. It hits really close to where I am at this point... waiting, just waiting. I'm so ready for this change that's coming and I've been waiting for it for so long that it seems as if time goes slower with the anticipation I'm feeling. Counting down days helps but it also reminds me how much longer I have at this stage...

When I first saw this picture I didn't think much of it... I was just snapping away on the car ride into Center City last Friday. But then when I was going through pictures looking for one to post the colors and tones caught my eye. I like the deeper colors but then there's the brightness in the corner of the mirror from the sun set. You can kind of even see me in the reflection of the mirror a little bit... I've got six exams this week. 1 English, 2 Spanish and 3 Biology. It's gonna be a long week!

2 comments:

Lacey Lichi said...

I'm gonna have to find that song now, it is relevant to our life right now too! You are a very insightful teenager! Definitely wise beyond your years. Thanks for sharing. I like the picture, except that I'm ready to look forward instead of back. . .

JunieRose2005 said...

Hi

Just want to say I enjoy reading your blog and especially seeing your photos! I think we met during the 'Color projects' that the 'other' Anna had !:)

My granddaughter recently started a blog here on blogger! She's 17 and a junior in school this year! Your talking about your exams sounds a lot like her blog today! :)

If you'd like to check her out she can be found from my side bar-under family blogs!

Junie Rose