Saturday 3 May 2008

Lantern



Here's another Spain picture. I loved all of the different lights that I saw every where. They were so different from the typical street lights that I see everyday around Philly. I'm not really too sure what to write about for this particular post. My exams start Monday so I'm very shortly going to be entering "freak out, study mode". Me and some of my classmates went out for dinner last night for two of my friends' birthdays and had an awesome time relaxing and hanging out but the elephant in the room was definitely how nervous all of us are about the exams.

Dear blog readers, attempt to put yourselves in my position temporarily. I've been in the International Baccalaureate Program for my Junior and Senior year preparing for these exams. To get the diploma you must score at least 24 points. I take have 2-3 written portions for each exam for each of my 6 subjects over the next 3 weeks and can score as high as a 7 on each of the tests but they all must add up to at LEAST 24 with out 2's in more than 2 high level subjects (English, Info Tech, and Spanish) and with no more that 3 2's in standard level subjects (20th Century History, Biology, and Math). Last year TWO people from my school received the diploma.... TWO out of a class of 20 IB Students.... No pressure for my class to do well right? If I pass all of the exams and score higher than 24 I will have a diploma that certifies me to go to any major college or university in the world! Not too shabby huh? I've been working for this for two really long and intense years and despite people telling me that what matters most is what I've learned in the two years and the prep that it's given me for college. Yes, I realize that and I know how good all of that is but can you really expect me to not be putting pressure on myself over the next 3 weeks for this diploma I've been working so hard for? Can you really expect me to think "it's ok with me to not get this diploma"?! I don't think so!!!!!

OK there was my little vent session for today! I'm going to go now watch a movie before getting down to business and studying for this next week's exams in English A1, History and Math.

itunes: Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice perspective ! nice pic!