Wednesday 28 May 2008

Peeking Through...




Like Robert said in a comment on my last post one perk of having a gate in front of you is that you can glimpse what's on the other side. Usually I'm pretty restless when it comes to waiting for something... Right now I'm actually enjoying the wait. Because my exams are over I'm not doing anything in school anymore (yes, going is quite a waste of time) but having NO school work for the first time in years is actually such a nice feeling. Today we had an assembly where all of the Spanish 3 and Spanish 4 classes performed original songs that we had written ourselves using all of the grammar and vocab we've learned over the years. We write the lyrics and then set them to beats and perform. It's always such so much fun seeing what everyone has come up with. Fortunately I got the assembly recorded so I'll be putting it on youtube if anyone is interested I'll post a link once everything is uploaded. Why mention this? Because it's a symbol to me and my fellow school mates that school is almost done for the year and summer is rapidly approaching!!! Prom was on Friday and I had a BLAST! I went with a friend had an awesome time dancing and hanging out with my friends from school. When I was talking to someone today I mentioned how this is the most relaxed I've ever been. I'm finished with school, I've had my Senior Prom, I've been accepted to a college, I have a descent paying job lined up for the summer, and now all I have to do is enjoy this brief spell in the middle and believe me when I say that I am!


iTunes: Loco Commotion by PlayRadioPlay!

4 comments:

Lacey Lichi said...

ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!! Have you ever seen the "One semester of Spanish love song"? Try it on youtube of collegehumor. I'm sure your Spanish is MUCH better but it is still quite funny. There is something extremely magical about the time between high school and college. You are still home but on the brink of the crazy freedom of adulthood. Enjoy your family and friends and get ready for the ride.
I'm still cracking up about your kindergarten teacher. Very confusing indeed!

Anna said...

You know I love gates!!! I fell in love with them in London! I know your summer will be great! When are you coming to Atlanta????

Robert said...

What a wonderful feeling. To be in that transition period and to love it...what a blessing. You have the perfect attitude about what is to come. I wish I had that when I was on my way to college. In fact, I never planned on going to college. I blogged about it a few days ago so I won't repeat it all here. Anyhow, enjoy this time. And you'll be off to a wonderful start.

JunieRose2005 said...

Anna,


Sounds like you have it all together!

Enjoy this brief in between time!

I love the gate photo!!



Junie