Sunday 15 June 2008

Reflections



Now is when things feel like they're moving really fast. Yesterday was my grad party, Thursday is graduation, work starts Friday, my cousin has already left for the summer, another is leaving in a few weeks, and here I am.... I've been reading over letters people have given me over the last few years and journals that I've kept the last 2 summers reliving all of what I felt and experienced. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't wish that my summer was going to be somewhere else. What can I say? I have a wandering spirit. I'm never content to sit still and be in one place. I constantly want to go, go experience other cultures, go speak other languages, go try other foods, go live somewhere else, go see other friends, go take that chance, go, go, go, go, GO! I love going and then I love looking back on the experiences. Looking back is good because I can see how experiences and one time led to me reacting differently in other situations. The last 4 years of my life have been crazy, amazing, hard, educational, enlightening, awakening, sad, hurtful, and jam packed full of memories. I'm excited for the future. I'm excited to see what at get to do, who I get to meet, what I'll experience. I also need to enjoy the "now" more than I do. Looking back and reflecting what I've experienced is good and all but I need to also enjoy it while it's happening.

iTunes: Desperate People by Hillsong

4 comments:

Robert said...

As someone older I'm usually wanting to give people in your position advice. But you sound like you're approaching your future, and looking at your present, and reflecting on your past in ways that show wisdom beyond your years. Beyond my years for that matter! I wish you all the best. And being still for a season I'm sure will have it's rewards. God has you right where you are supposed to be. Rest in that fact and enjoy.

Anna said...

Be in the moment. That is the best advice I can give...wait, you didn't ask for advice. Shoot.

Anyhow, I already started so...

I spent all of my teens wishing I was older...I think I would have liked to be in those moments more. Savor these times...they will go by quick.

;) Love ya!

Lacey Lichi said...

The older and wiser have already said it all. I'll just say that I've missed you and am glad to be back reading your blog! I've missed some great shots and equally good stories. I am still laughing at the boy and the life guard song! Keep it coming.

Robert said...

Hmmm, since only two of us commented prior to Lacey, I can only assume that I am the "older" and Anna is the "wiser" to whom she was referring!